I thought I’d post my work, so far, on the “We Call Them Pirates” knitalong hat.

 

Due to my head cold, and resulting wooziness, I managed to put the favourite blue-on-blue skull at the back of the hat. This, despite all of my advanced planning. I decided to keep going, and not to re-do. I forgot to mention that I’m doing this hat using the intarsia method, and I’ll be seaming it up the back. That’s why all of the blobs of yarn are hanging down the back. I ran out of bobbins, so some of the blobs are just wound up balls of yarn. Also, I forgot to mention that I used knitting graph paper that I downloaded from here, to chart out the skulls.

So far, I’m happy with the hat. I think that the bright colours tone down the scaryness of the skulls, which is what I was hoping for. I thought I’d add some lettering to it, but I may just embroider it on afterwards. I don’t think that my cold addled mind can take any more charting. Happy knitting!

Advertisements