Thanks everyone, for enduring my brief rant the other day. I wouldn’t normally write of such things, but I have been justifiably upset. It’s not just an education issue. The government here is flouting the law, and disregarding basic constitutional rights. What would you do?
Thank goodness for knitting! I have some finished items to show you.
- Pattern: Baby Sweater On Two Needles, aka February Baby Sweater, by Elizabeth Zimmermann.
- Source: Knitter’s Almanac
- Materials: Baby Bamboo Sirdar Snuggly, 80% bamboo, 20%wool. Machine Washable.
- Needles: 4mm
- Modification: I knit the body and the sleeves 1/2 inch longer than specified. Edited to add: Also, I did a slip-stitched edge along the button band.
- Pattern: Herringbone Booties
- Source: 50 Baby Booties To Knit by Zoë Mellor
- Materials: Baby Bamboo Sirdar Snuggly, 80% bamboo, 20% wool. Machine Washable.
- Needles: 3mm
- I did the 3-6 month size.
I gave these items away, at a baby shower yesterday. I was sitting and chatting with someone, when all of a sudden I heard everyone gasp. I turned to look, and the recipient was holding up this sweater. She had just unwrapped it. I guess they liked it!! You never know how someone will receive a hand made item. I was very happy that it was appreciated.